Search the forum,

Discuss removing thick tile adhesive from wall completely in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Can anybody please help, we are removing the tiles from our kitchen wall and cannot remove the tile adhesive! We are trying to chip away at it, it’s quite thick but just won’t budge, we want to paint it afterwards.

can anybody recommend something to remove thick tile adhesive. Thank you!

O

Old Mod

As Dave above says, probably recovering the wall with plaster or boards is good way, and will probably leave a better surface to tile to.

AWOL

TF
Reaction score
Hello I work for housing association and do 2 or 3 kitchens a week rip out remove tiles and when I come across hard to remove adhesive if on a solid wall also if careful of a plasterboard, dot n dab wall I use a steamer the kind used to remove wall paper work great hope this helps

Reply to removing thick tile adhesive from wall completely in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen