Search the forum,

Discuss Removing Floor adhesive from polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Digger100

just laid the floor and theres adhesive that I need to get off. The floor has yet to be sealed.

Qu: Whats the best way of removing it? I've just tried a damp scourer (green kitchen type thingy) on an off cut and it removed the adhesive quickly and it didn't seem to effect the polished finish on the porcelain at all but will this have a knock on effect when I put the sealant down?

What do some of you wise old heads reckon?

D

DHTiling

As long as its not fastflex or similar...just wet the adhesive up and then gently rub with a sponge...wash with clean water afterwards and leave to dry .. see how they dry if no residue then seal with porcelain impregnator. if there is residue.. buff tile with a cloth if this doesn't remove it then try lithofin wexa or cement away....clean then when dry seal.....dave..

p.s. if it is fast flex etc...then this will need extra elbow grease....lol lol

G

GazTech

How much is elbow grease Dave,can you get it from same supplier as self levelling ceiling compound?

Reply to Removing Floor adhesive from polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen