Discuss regrout problem in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

jindru

TF
Reaction score
yesterday i regrouted a shower enclosure.it was a bit of a disaster as tiles started to fall off wall.the wallseems to have been sheeted with plywood.it flexes and doesnt seem to have been sealed with tile seal.maybe pva .the tiles seem to have been covered with minimal cement, not the wall.the lipping is bad.i refixed 6 tiles and re grouted.customer is aware of state of tiling but today there is a brown stain on one line of some grout .is this
leaching from ply?has anyone else seen this? customer is happy except for brown stain .any suggestions?

W

White Room

Thats a sort of resin in the ply thats leaking thru, ply has got damp..

As above, rip out.

T

tilerjason

i had a similar problem, i was called to sort out discolouring from a repatch job done by another tiler ,as the customer didnt want to call him back. turned out to be a felt tip that hed been using to mark the tiles ,

jindru

TF
Reaction score
i agree rip out would be the best solution.but customer is well fed up with previous tilers making cockups in her expesive kitchen and now her bathroom.two different tilers.she just wants a tide her over job to tidy up till she plucks up the courage to try again.i know events may force her hand ie the tiles may all drop off but she just needs a bit of time.i have every sympathy.thanks for your input'

Reply to regrout problem in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22