Discuss Recommend a NICE Tile adhesive Trowel Please? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

wau5

hi, I'm looking to purchase a good quality tile trowel, can someone maybe tell me which brands/models are the best?(quality/feel/durability/finish/performance...)

I currently got some cheapo wilko tile trowel I was given - It's rather crap, and I need larger notches. Don't really care about the price, Just need a good product.
I have some Marshalltown plastering trowel which I bought which allowed even a complete beginner to get a really good finish so I like their products and I know they got some adhesive trowels as well, where as the cheap crap I bought at first got me struggling, I'm fairly sure that adhesive trowel isn't as important but still ...I'm sure I will use that tool in future as well so would rather buy a Nice one.

I'm currently doing some 30x45cm tiles, so I guess I would need around 10mm notches?

Thanks.

L

LM

hi, I'm looking to purchase a good quality tile trowel, can someone maybe tell me which brands/models are the best?(quality/feel/durability/finish/performance...)

I currently got some cheapo wilko tile trowel I was given - It's rather crap, and I need larger notches. Don't really care about the price, Just need a good product.
I have some Marshalltown plastering trowel which I bought which allowed even a complete beginner to get a really good finish so I like their products and I know they got some adhesive trowels as well, where as the cheap crap I bought at first got me struggling, I'm fairly sure that adhesive trowel isn't as important but still ...I'm sure I will use that tool in future as well so would rather buy a Nice one.

I'm currently doing some 30x45cm tiles, so I guess I would need around 10mm notches?

Thanks.
Well one thing I can tell you is that your choice of adhesive trowel and it’s effects will be one of the most “IMPORTANT’ decisions you’ll make. It’s much more important than perhaps you realise.

G

GoneGuy

I always use a stainless steel trowels as they are easier to clean, I’ve got Rubi and kubala trowels.
For example it might be worth trying a
10mm Rubi
8mm kubala
6mm Marshalltown
So you will have a feel for the different handles etc and not stuck with all your trowels one brand that you might not get on with.
Have a look on @Pro Tiler Tools site for some deals

O

One Day

I'm not a Rubi fan by any means but I use their stainless steel trowels pretty much exclusively. Mosaic / 4/6/8/10/12mm
I like the Ragni large bucket trowels and Raimondi smaller bucket trowels are very useful.

B

Blunt Tool

I have float plus 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm Kubala stainless steel trowels, light easy to clean and don’t rust plus you can get them from toolpro.

O

oguz rifat

I usually use Rubi or Marshalltown more recently, both are pretty durable, Rubi seems the best for not corroding

W

wau5

Guys I want a Rolls Royce of a trowel..
I checked the Rubi and seems like they have pretty naff plastic handles from the pictures? I have a good rubi manual tile cutter, but I know they got some cheap and crap budget range tools nowadays as well, so I'm cautious about them.

Seems like marshalltown doesn't have a 10x10mm trowel,
Only 6x10mm and 13x13mm , Which one would be the best suited for 30x45cm tiles or none of them? 13mm seems a bit too large or I'm wrong?

From other Brands What would be your best suggestion If I wanted to get the best trowel to set 30x45cm tiles at the moment?

R

Rookery

I re-stocked with Rubi stainless steel trowels when CTD had them on offer recently. They might still be on offer if you check. They're better than a lot out there.

O

One Day

The plastic handles on the rubi trowels have yet to give new any blisters but wooden handles and rubberised ones do.

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
upload_2017-12-3_9-13-9.png
I got one of these free at CTD recently, lovely trowel
but they only make 8mm its from ardex

O

On one

Guys I want a Rolls Royce of a trowel..
I checked the Rubi and seems like they have pretty naff plastic handles from the pictures? I have a good rubi manual tile cutter, but I know they got some cheap and crap budget range tools nowadays as well, so I'm cautious about them.

Seems like marshalltown doesn't have a 10x10mm trowel,
Only 6x10mm and 13x13mm , Which one would be the best suited for 30x45cm tiles or none of them? 13mm seems a bit too large or I'm wrong?

From other Brands What would be your best suggestion If I wanted to get the best trowel to set 30x45cm tiles at the moment?
Marshalltown 10 x 10mm Notched Trowel - Wooden Handle £12.99 in stock - next day UK delivery plus Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools - http://www.tradetiler.com/marshalltown-10-x-10mm-notched-trowel-wooden-handle.html

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
View attachment 95358 I got one of these free at CTD recently, lovely trowel
but they only make 8mm its from ardex
Wot.....Free!!!!!!

I just paid a fiver for one off Ebay. Looks like a nice trowel, I haven't used it yet. I've bought a few trowels off Ebay and they have been pretty good. I like the Ragni stainless steel.

I don't like the Genesis Tiger.

Reply to Recommend a NICE Tile adhesive Trowel Please? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks