Search the forum,

Discuss quarry tile cleaning help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

barcabod

Hi folks
I have just bought some reclaimed Red and Black with a few brindle colour quarry tiles from ebay good condition,but i would like to clean them.

Some seem to be glazed and pretty clean others seem a little dirty and not glazed or if are glazed i think its wore off(if thats possible).I have jet washed them to a certain degree of success
Is there a good product that will get them looking really good?
I have access to a buffing machine (either with pads or brushwhich is best?)

Please help me out as i am starting to lay the path at the weekend

i am laying them in a diamond pattern is there anything i should be careful with laying them in this way
Also can anyone reccomend a good sealer and polish for the tiles and rope edging ( i have cleaned these as good as they are going to get i think) once laid and cleaned

Thanks

Billy

Last edited by a moderator:
B

barcabod

Sorry dave no pics ( takes me half the time to switch the computer on)
The glazed ones are Platts i think ,blue and red(when i say glazed i think i really mean shinier)
Unglazed or not as shiny are a different make
I have used QEP heavy duty tile cleaner from B and Q with a little success
I have cleaned the rope edging with brick cleaner and they are pretty good actually,could i use the brick cleaner(acid) on the quarry tiles?

Thanks for the reply

I may become a nightmare as i usually need to know the ins and outs haha
So your help is really appreciated

Thanks

Billy

B

barcabod

Whitebeam
Thanks for reply,can you buy this product at any shops or is it just online?

B

barcabod

Is that the best product then?
Think i can get it a floors to go

Can you throw ant light on the sealing and polish for them
by the way its an outside path

I have looked at Golvpolish (think thats its name) from walls and floors website

Thanks

D

DHTiling

Quarry's don't normally need sealing but some peeps wax them when used in doors.

I wouldn't use anything outside as it will not last... and with quarry's being vitrified they don't always absorb normal impregnating type sealer's.

Best bet is get them clean and then do a water test on them to determine water porosity .

Reply to quarry tile cleaning help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen