Search the forum,

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

I wonder if the people who do work to this level ever stand back and look at their work and think, that doesn't quite look right. Or do they look at it and think that looks great.

It's just beyond me.

no they say..that'll do..they wont notice

T

Tiler Blackpool

cowboy1.jpg cowboy2.jpg had to lift these up last week. cracked tiles all over the floor. took me 20 mins to pull up 7m2 as they came up so easily.could of flicked them up with my pinky! Floor hadnt been primed prior to tiling and as you can see.......five spotted. EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!!!!

T

Tiler Blackpool

How thick was the ply.. ? .. and looking at those pics , there appears to be very little fixings :lol:

Well...on the plus side the ply was 15mm and it was actually screwed down at every 300mm so the substrate was fine! I originally priced for taking the tiles and whatever the existing substrate was up and replacing with backerboard but didnt need to in the end.

Reaction score
D

DHTiling

Well...on the plus side the ply was 15mm and it was actually screwed down at every 300mm so the substrate was fine! I originally priced for taking the tiles and whatever the existing substrate was up and replacing with backerboard but didnt need to in the end.

Gotta love those " 5 spotters..." quite a common breed of person you know :)

M

mattle40

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370772668.528185.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370772688.903966.jpg
The joiner was still there when I took these (I was pricing for the bathroom, this is the new £12k kitchen) I even tried to humour him when asking what happened in the doorway as the rest wasn't too bad.
He said "I had to fiddle the joints to make it work" I nearly spat my crisps out of my nose!

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen