Search the forum,

Discuss Public liability insurance in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

Just a quick one chaps, my public liability insurance has been less than £100 a year forever. This year I specifically added underfloor heating to the quote as I am doing more and more of it, the quotes are upto £300+ now. Just wondered what you chaps are paying and how do you go about including ufh on there as they just don't seem to get it !

O

Old Mod

Do they think you’re connecting it up?
Wouldn’t it then be considered a fire hazard or something, especially as you’re not a sparks?
I pay £16 a month for £5M but I must admit ufh is not something I’ve added, but I almost never install it now.
All prep is generally done for me now.

D

Dumbo

For £200 extra I wouldn't bother, ufh failure after instal is usually bad installation, now I know you don't do that, if it's the ugh that's the ufh company problem , also you would be unlucky to damage one mat a year during instal and that could then be mended during instal . But you could probably replace if you had to what you damaged so no I wouldn't bother.

F

Flintstone

To be honest, I haven't spoke to them, my mother does all my paperwork and accounts so she's spoke to them. She did specifically say it is electric and I don't wire it up but I think they still said it could cause a fire etc and I've fitted it.

D

Dumbo

To be honest, I haven't spoke to them, my mother does all my paperwork and accounts so she's spoke to them. She did specifically say it is electric and I don't wire it up but I think they still said it could cause a fire etc and I've fitted it.
I don't think they get it

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Always £500+ for the year. :(

T

Time's Ran Out

I always leave the paperwork/guarantee tested for continuity and resistance with cold tails for connection by a qualified electrician.
Signed and dated.
Plan of layout, position of sensor.
But never included it as an item in any covering insurance.
May need to check now!

Reply to Public liability insurance in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen