Search the forum,

Discuss Progressive hole in porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

1animal1

Sounds like a plan! :) It'd have to be white as the tiles are an off white - should be fine at that given the relative size of the gap.

What size bore do you normally go for a 15mm pipe?

F

Flintstone

Seing as a copper pipe isn't going to expand, a 15mm hole would be perfect if you can get it accurate enough, in my humble opinion of course! When I'm measuring I measure to one side of the pipe then to the top or bottom then use those two marks to line up your hole guide.

1animal1

That's why I went 18mm, not being a pro ;)

The only additional thing here is the fact that it's the first tile off the floor that needs the holes, so presume i'd measure to the floor taking off the 3mm spacer.

As it's turned out, this is a bit of a PITA - the first 2 tiles are the 2 requiring the rad holes, meaning a drain down of the system - then a further drain down to fit the s***ing thing. The joys :)

1animal1

thanks for the tip! But.... my walls are 3 pieces of plasterboard D&Dabbed, 19mm thick each. I've already gone into 2 boards, cutting into the next is likely to go through potentially - and given my insulation boards/electric mat and screed are now laid, I'm not sure i can get the pipe to push back that far :)

O

Old Mod

Alternately, you could have foregone the radiator and fitted Schluter's Ditra Heat or Ditra Heat TB to the walls and had heated walls instead of a great lumply bloody rad :)
Gives out 200w per/m2 and is sufficient for a primary heat source.

Reply to Progressive hole in porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen