Search the forum,

Discuss Post tiling issues with finish in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dilalio

TF
Reaction score
Hi all.
Looking for some input and advice.
Recently had master bath tiled and now working on ensuite.
We are the plumbers and have used our Tiler.
Customer not happy with finish of dark grey matt porcelain tiles as they are water marking, have striations and don't have a uniform look when dried.
Supplier is pointing finger at the Tiler and has issued her with wax-off, deep clean and grout removal chemicals (Lithofin). We spent yesterday using the grout remover and while there was some residue which came off, there is still unevenness with the dried finish.
Is the supplier trying to pass off a poor product or are there things we can do to satisfy the customer?
My take, from my experience, is I don't trust the tile.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Deano.

Dilalio

TF
Reaction score
Everyone is going to ask for photos . . .

Yeah. Lol. I always ask the same on DIYnot.com.

Ill go up and try and capture some now...
[automerge]1570091346[/automerge]
Hope these show the issue.
Bathroom has been used this morning.
IMG_20191003_092721.jpg
IMG_20191003_092727.jpg
IMG_20191003_092740.jpg
IMG_20191003_092715.jpg

D

Dumbo

Have you got a spare tile that hasn't been used and conducted any water tests our grout cleaner reactions on it .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Who's done this again?

1570093827717.png

Grout around the end of the bath instead of cutting the tile to the right shape?

That's not a professional tiler lol

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
Looks like polymer residue to me , wax off won’t remove it.
You need a stronger product.
Try lithofin cement away to break it down , try on an inconspicuous area first and watch the enamel works.

Reply to Post tiling issues with finish in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen