Search the forum,

Discuss Post tiling issues with finish in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

Dilalio

TF
Reaction score
It appears you are intent on using a outside only product indoors. IMHO very silly.
If your problem is cement base issue use builders clean Lithofin MN Builders' Clean | Sole UK Agents for Lithofin Products - https://casdron.co.uk/lithofin-mn-builder-s-clean.
If your problem is polymer base problem the I believe power clean is good.
Whichever method you choice to use I hope it goes well and please read the instructions on your chosen product and test in an inconspicuous area first

Nope. No decisions made just yet.
We are considering our options, including getting the Tiler back to sort it out. Thanks for the advice.

D

Dougs Third Go

I'm pretty sure the outdoor cleaner will shift the polymer residue and I'm pretty sure that it wont etch the tiles, but if you do go down that route make sure it's well ventilated and don a respirator.

T

Time's Ran Out

To add to the discussion and it has been mentioned - stainless steel and chrome fittings can/will be etched by even the fumes! So remove or cover.
Professional cleaning company acid cleaned a car showroom floor (BMW) and the handrails, fire extinguishers and anything chrome turned to rust in front of my eyes ( and that of the showroom Managing Director)

J

J Sid

That’s why it’s called outside sealer Doug. Because it needs plenty ventilation 😂.
No Dave, it's outside because it's not safe to use inside, and recommending it for a bathroom with minimal ventilation is wrong, even with no metal in the room which could be damaged. Laughing about it isn't funny. There are plenty of more suitable products out there which would sort the problem and be suitable for internal use

Reply to Post tiling issues with finish in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen