Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Porcelanosa Referral Business in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
A few years ago I did some business with Porcelanosa and would send customers in to see a specific sales member. I would agree that the customer got a 15-20% discount using my account. I stopped sending people there as I did fit only work for a company for a while.

Recently, I re-opened my account. I referred two customers. Each time I told the manager they were coming in and where they were coming from. They had my account details etc. The manager told me that the first customers had come in during the sale so although he and Porcelanosa make money from someone who never would have been there without me...I make nothing.

The second customer went in using my account details when the sale was NOT on. He was told to delay his order until January when the sale would be on, again, meaning that I get nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this with Porcelanosa because I certainly won't be sending any more business their way if so? I've emailed the branch manager about this but he hasn't responded.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I get it with my local supplier sometimes (not porcelanosa). During the January sales......they discount the tiles so much there not worth supplying....
Telling the customer to delay the order is a bit below the belt....that would get my back up to.

S

Spud

It's a tough one ,do the referrals go both ways ? Are they recommending you to their walk in customers ?

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
One way referral only I'm afraid although I won't be sending anymore business there. In my email to the manager I pointed out that I do around 15-20 bathrooms a year and that I had only referred 2 customers so far which was a 100% success rate on their part. They obviously don't want my business for some reason or other.

O

One Day

Same as Andy really. I know sale time margins are reduced but i
One way referral only I'm afraid although I won't be sending anymore business there. In my email to the manager I pointed out that I do around 15-20 bathrooms a year and that I had only referred 2 customers so far which was a 100% success rate on their part. They obviously don't want my business for some reason or other.

I take it you're dealing with Warrington? There are issues there since John Yates left as manager.
I've also stopped referring and accepting referrals... for now anyway.
(PM me if you want more info)

Reply to Porcelanosa Referral Business in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks