Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain dust - Does it contain silica or any other nasties? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What's done is done. Wear a mask in future. Ive cut all sorts years ago and now have breathing issues. Couldn't put it down to any one thing but wish I had been more careful.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
does anyone know if it contains silica or other nasties or can we all breathe it in for fun?
You can smell a big quantity of silica when cutting , it smells like nothing else ! Really we should all wear masks for any cutting ! But if high amounts of silica present , then very good masks needed

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
I've read his stuff and i buy into the whole mind over body thing. Try the cold shower thing, it's the hardest most painful thing I've ever done (ever) but it really makes you feel supercharged.
I lived in Sweden for a couple of years !they used to sit in saunas , then run out naked into the snow and jump into it !!! It definitely wakes you up

Reply to Porcelain dust - Does it contain silica or any other nasties? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen