Currently reading:
Porcelain Adhesive and Thickness

Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain Adhesive and Thickness in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Adamski85

Hi

I'm new to the forums and after a bit of advice. I'll shortly be fitting 10mm 600x300mm porcelain tiles in a bathroom to a MR plasterboard wall and 18mm chipboard floor covered with Hardiebacker. From reading around, I know I need a flexible adhesive, preferably a standard setting one, for the wall at least, possibly rapid set for the floor. My question is, what would be a suitable adhesive, and how thick would the adhesive bed need to be? Would a 10mm notched trowel be suitable or is this too big?

I've seen a tilemaster standard set flexi that I think would be suitable but I can't find any local stockists.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Adam

A

Adamski85

Good job I checked here first, I was about to set off. I've been to wickes this morning to pick up some other stuff, noticed they've an offer on at the moment for 3 bags of mapei mapeker c2 (if I remember rightly) rapid set flexible which seems both a bargain, and suitable for me. I could do with standard set for the walls but I'm sure I'll manage. Not sure if any of you guys will be interested in this, seems really cheap to me when compared to screwfix etc

Reply to Porcelain Adhesive and Thickness in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement