Search the forum,

Discuss Popped into a new tile shop today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tommy_S

hello everyone,
stuck my head into a tile shop thats just changed hands to see what they were all about. the bloke behind the counters got some sticky in that he says is "trade mapei", "its exactly the same stuff just in a crappy bag" (and half the price!). anyone ever used or heard of it? they've also got the ultra colour range but again its trade. might be a silly question but rather be safe than sorry.

cheers all
Tom

M

mikethetile

you can rest assured Tommy

if its mapei it will say so, even the buildfix bags from B&Q have mapei in small letters further down the bag

C

Colour Republic

Mapei already is a 'trade' addy so not sure what he's talking about, what is it called?

T

Tommy_S

not entirely sure to be honest, only popped in there quick. i believe its Rovic that supply them.

their still waiting for there stock to come in so didnt have anything to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tommy_S

haha the fella in that thread is from the same town as me....must be using the same outlet. cheers all, think i'll give it ago anyway to see what its like, £7.99 a 25kg bag its got to be worth a look.

Reply to Popped into a new tile shop today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen