Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Popped into a new tile shop today in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tommy_S

hello everyone,
stuck my head into a tile shop thats just changed hands to see what they were all about. the bloke behind the counters got some sticky in that he says is "trade mapei", "its exactly the same stuff just in a crappy bag" (and half the price!). anyone ever used or heard of it? they've also got the ultra colour range but again its trade. might be a silly question but rather be safe than sorry.

cheers all
Tom

M

mikethetile

you can rest assured Tommy

if its mapei it will say so, even the buildfix bags from B&Q have mapei in small letters further down the bag

C

Colour Republic

Mapei already is a 'trade' addy so not sure what he's talking about, what is it called?

T

Tommy_S

not entirely sure to be honest, only popped in there quick. i believe its Rovic that supply them.

their still waiting for there stock to come in so didnt have anything to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tommy_S

haha the fella in that thread is from the same town as me....must be using the same outlet. cheers all, think i'll give it ago anyway to see what its like, £7.99 a 25kg bag its got to be worth a look.

A

aph257

on the other thread you have to put admix in to make it flexy. even still good price, give us your feedback on it.

Reply to Popped into a new tile shop today in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks