Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Pimp my Grinder up please in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Just struggled with a porcelain floor 600x300 tiles and now I have another DIY job coming up with porcelain I have a wet table saw that I call Mr Chippy and after reading here my best option is an angle grinder - which I already have I now know thanks to you guys the type of cutting disc to get, 1-2mm and wavy curly patten but from where, I see 2 suppliers mentioned quite often ritelines and ATS diamond tools. I could also do with some sort of finishing/ grinding discs to take off very thin strips from my miss measurements but which one ?

O

Old Mod

Ritelines? Not on here, can’t say I’ve ever seen them here.
Every material behaves differently with different types of blade.
Three main types.
Turbo
Mesh
Continuous rim.
Each have their place.
But that’s the trick, finding the one that works for the material you’re using at the time.
Not really any hard and fast rules, and it depends what level of finish you expect/require.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Ritelines? Not on here, can’t say I’ve ever seen them here.
Every material behaves differently with different types of blade.
Three main types.
Turbo
Mesh
Continuous rim.
Each have their place.
But that’s the trick, finding the one that works for the material you’re using at the time.
Not really any hard and fast rules, and it depends what level of finish you expect/require.
Here

Xerot

TF
Reaction score
Rubi viper blade works for me. A few other people I know swear by it aswell. But again depends on the user a lot of the time.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Ok no problems but where then or who apart from the norm big retailers I could walk into and pay over the odds like Tops for example

Filip

TF
Reaction score
seems like I should get on better than my wet bench with any thin angle grinder blade but what about when it comes to sanding grinding - adjusting my crap cut in the first place what should I be looking at for the fine tuning down to my line

O

Old Mod

Have you tried hand pads to refine your cuts?
If you want a reasonable all round blade try this from @Pro Tiler Tools

PREMTOOL Diamond Blades | Amazing Prices of Diamond Blades to Buy Online | Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/categories/diamond-blades/diamond-blades--tiling-/premtool-diamond-blades

I’ve cut regular and thin tile with it and had decent results.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Have you tried hand pads to refine your cuts?
If you want a reasonable all round blade try this from @Pro Tiler Tools

PREMTOOL Diamond Blades | Amazing Prices of Diamond Blades to Buy Online | Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/categories/diamond-blades/diamond-blades--tiling-/premtool-diamond-blades

I’ve cut regular and thin tile with it and had decent results.
That blade looks about my price range, but what are hand pads?

T

Tile Shop

These:
PTT Diamond Rubbing Pad Green 50 Grit 51.560.01 | Buy Hammers, Chisels, Files Online from Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/product/ptt-diamond-rubbing-pad-green-50-grit-51-560-01/45138
This is the 50 grit, but also available in 100, 200 and 300.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
These:
PTT Diamond Rubbing Pad Green 50 Grit 51.560.01 | Buy Hammers, Chisels, Files Online from Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/product/ptt-diamond-rubbing-pad-green-50-grit-51-560-01/45138
This is the 50 grit, but also available in 100, 200 and 300.
Ah thank you

F

Flintstone

Is it a floor or walls your tiling? You won’t need diamond hand pads unless your doing work round windows etc. For me ATS turbo blade is a great all rounder and doesn’t struggle with most tiles

Reply to Pimp my Grinder up please in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks