Search the forum,

Discuss Pimp my Grinder up please in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Just struggled with a porcelain floor 600x300 tiles and now I have another DIY job coming up with porcelain I have a wet table saw that I call Mr Chippy and after reading here my best option is an angle grinder - which I already have I now know thanks to you guys the type of cutting disc to get, 1-2mm and wavy curly patten but from where, I see 2 suppliers mentioned quite often ritelines and ATS diamond tools. I could also do with some sort of finishing/ grinding discs to take off very thin strips from my miss measurements but which one ?

O

Old Mod

Ritelines? Not on here, can’t say I’ve ever seen them here.
Every material behaves differently with different types of blade.
Three main types.
Turbo
Mesh
Continuous rim.
Each have their place.
But that’s the trick, finding the one that works for the material you’re using at the time.
Not really any hard and fast rules, and it depends what level of finish you expect/require.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Ritelines? Not on here, can’t say I’ve ever seen them here.
Every material behaves differently with different types of blade.
Three main types.
Turbo
Mesh
Continuous rim.
Each have their place.
But that’s the trick, finding the one that works for the material you’re using at the time.
Not really any hard and fast rules, and it depends what level of finish you expect/require.
Here

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Ok no problems but where then or who apart from the norm big retailers I could walk into and pay over the odds like Tops for example

Filip

TF
Reaction score
seems like I should get on better than my wet bench with any thin angle grinder blade but what about when it comes to sanding grinding - adjusting my crap cut in the first place what should I be looking at for the fine tuning down to my line

O

Old Mod

Have you tried hand pads to refine your cuts?
If you want a reasonable all round blade try this from @Pro Tiler Tools

PREMTOOL Diamond Blades | Amazing Prices of Diamond Blades to Buy Online | Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/categories/diamond-blades/diamond-blades--tiling-/premtool-diamond-blades

I’ve cut regular and thin tile with it and had decent results.

Reply to Pimp my Grinder up please in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen