Search the forum,

Discuss Phil Hobson in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

Hi guys
Just a quick update on phil for you all.
He's out of hospital now and in a new accomodation. He's been diagnosed with a form of dementia but he's doing ok considering everything he's gone through. The main thing for phil is making sure he stays on his medication. He needs to take tablets 4 times a day so he's been assigned a care worker to pop out so thats good.

As i said, hes got a new accomdation and a social worker has been assigned so he'll get help with things like sickness benefit etc.

Hes through the worst now and hes fighting which i really admire. As long as he stays on his meds he will be fine. Hes still as sharp as a tack and theres plenty to offer from him. I personally think work will put too much pressure on him but he still loves going out to help people on jobs and hes a great mentor to have at the end of a phone.

Hes spending the day with me tomorrow and hes having dinner with a lad off the forum on sunday but please still give him a call if you can because it really brightens up his day :0) once again his mobile no is 07709 540059.

I know a lot have you have been keeping an eye on him but if you've never spoke to him before, just give him a ring, introdue yourself and talk about tiling and he'll be as happy as a liverpool supporter whos just found out theyve got jurgen klopp ;0)

Seriously, thanks for reading this and looks after yourselves because you can have hard times but if you have a bit of support and a bit of self belief you can get through anything.

Catch u all on the form forum
Ed

O

Old Mod

Thanks Ed!
Appreciate that!
Haven't spoken to Phill for couple weeks, I'll try and give him a call today!
Marc.

I

Ian

Nice one Edd, I wasn't aware he's been in hospital. I'm glad he's on the mend. It's been far too long since I've seen or spoken to him I really must make more of an effort.

Q

Qwerty

I've never met or spoken to Phil in person, only chatted on here but I will give him a tinkle over the next couple of days to have a chat, I know just how much chatting to like minded people can help

O

Old Mod

Well I've just spent the last hour on the phone with Phill, and I must admit it's such a relief to be speaking to the Phil I know again!
When we last spoke a couple of weeks ago, well it wasn't the same man unfortunately.
Anyway that was then and this is now and as Ed says he's definitely on his way back!
He misses the forum terribly but is struggling to get on line at the moment.
Doesn't have his iPhone anymore only a cheap payg!
So yes, if anyone fancies talking to a man who's probably forgotten more than most of us will ever even know about our trade, don't be shy,
(cos Phils not! Haha)
give the guy a call. ;)

A

Aston

nice one marc ;0)
Phil always speaks well of you.
Sorry I have not liked any relies, for some reason there isnt an option for me on this thread but I do really appreciate all the help and support you have all shown phil.

As marc says, give him a ring because he'll be happy to help anybody with there tiling queries. theres always something new to learn and phils probably done it. Think of him as a modern day yoda lol He'll like that! Got look of him as well ;0)

right, catch you all on here over the weekend guys, have a good one!
ed

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Pleased hes out of hospital , he was awaiting being released when i spoke with him ... He was deffo better than when i spoke to him not long after he was admitted .

Ed... Did he get his heritage card sorted ?

A

Aston

Hi Dave mate,
Not sure, i'll find out tomorrow. I forgot about that! thanks for reminding me.
He's at my house tomorrow, so I'll give him the ipad to log on to the forum for an hour or so.

D

Dougs Third Go

just tried ringing but through to voicemail,,,so he's either tucked up in his pit or gassing to one of you buggers, left a message and I'll give him another try on sunday.

C

Colour Republic

You're a good bloke Ed.

I didn't even realise he was ill at any point, but I suppose that's what he didn't want to let on.

Give my regards please.

To be honest is everyone up for a whip round to get him a cheap tablet and some airtime so he can log on?? Never like to put this on anybody as nobody should feel as though they have to. But could we say tenner a head for anybody that wants to?

Seeing as Ed is seeing him a bit, maybe Ed has a PayPal account to make it easy.

Sorry if I'm out of line guys. Don't want to make people feel they should but at the end of the day if I met up with Phil I'd certainly buy him a few pints so this isn't much different.

Reply to Phil Hobson in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen