Search the forum,

Discuss Pay scales for working away from home.. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

The day rate prices I have heard swing anywhere between very little to very high. Geography and the type of work has alot to do with it which is why it is so variable so almost impossible to say whether it is right or wrong.

Take the £150, see how many days you will actually be charging for (be realistic), work out your own personal business expenses for those 8 months, van bills, fuel, wear and tear on tools, phone, accommodation, tax or whatever else you need to fork out. See whats left and ask yourself if its a wage you can live on and be happy with.

As Antonio says prices aren't generally discussed in the open forum but there was a very eye opening thread started by the forum boss a while back (which meant it was ok on this occasion ;)).

Tiling Price Base Rate - Let's Do This! - http://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-price-base-rate-lets-do-this.78032/

Maybe that will give you some idea.

S

Stephen Corbett

That's what I'm having issues with, just not really negotiated for working away from home cheers for the reply j,s

J

J Sid

on top of that you really want to be able to do a few extra hour each day to bump the money up.

D

Dumbo

Work out what you want . Then quote accordingly . Did a job once worked out how much added a days money on top of a seven day job then told I wanted paying 2 hours for travelling at my normal rate every day .

S

Stephen Corbett

It's a subcontracting job nationwide tiling premier inn's, a mate of mine is saying £x per day that's with expenses?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Pay scales for working away from home.. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen