Search the forum,

Discuss Patio Tiling Quality Advice in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently moved into a new build property, we noticed that our enter last row of tiles on the patio and edges of the patio are chipped. Image attached of a full tile and 2 images from different parts of the patio of the chipped tiles.

We reported this to the developer as part of snagging however have been told that this is within tolerance and that clean cuts on patio tiles are not possible outside of the factory. Is this accurate? Are we being too fussy here?

Thanks in advance for responses.

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 13.34.37.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 13.34.37 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 13.34.37 (1).jpeg

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Good luck getting the developer to sort that. It's rough absoloutely, and could have just been cut properly in the first place or rubbed down with a diamond pad to make it a nice smooth edge. I'd be interested to know if you can manage to get it replaced

Reaction score
They’ve been pretty good at sorting other stuff but this is a 9m wide patio and it’s the entire last row of slabs. Would this typically be within tolerance for a tiler? Or has this just cut with the wrong tool?

From the responses so far it sounds like this could have been avoided by cutting properly on-site (is there something specific they should have used?) or sanding down with a diamond pad?

Is that right?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
They’ve been pretty good at sorting other stuff but this is a 9m wide patio and it’s the entire last row of slabs. Would this typically be within tolerance for a tiler? Or has this just cut with the wrong tool?

From the responses so far it sounds like this could have been avoided by cutting properly on-site (is there something specific they should have used?) or sanding down with a diamond pad?

Is that right?
The edge against the adjacent tile should have been a factory finished edge and not a cut edge. Get them to simply replace those cuts.

Reply to Patio Tiling Quality Advice in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen