Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss patch repairs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

RockCeramics

quoted for a job for replacing wall tiles 150 x150 (ceramics) basic white tiles. average 3 tiles in each area,cracked tiles.
total 116 tiles in approx 42 areas. £785.36 = £6.77 a tile. all is included
What are your views on my pricing? This is my first time pricing this type of work? So still fresh in this type of pricing.

D

dagger

aprrox 3m2....

1 bag of sticky,
1 bag of grout,
a day at most to hack off and clean,
a day at most to refix and grout.

having not seen the job..i think you are over pricing a bit...

£550 ish..

saying that i noticed it said 42 areas, and not as i read it 4 areas!!!! if it takes an extra day to visit all the areas then you are bob on in my book!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RockCeramics

saying that i noticed it said 42 areas, and not as i read it 4 areas!!!! if it takes an extra day to visit all the areas then you are bob on in my book![/quote]
Yes 42 areas in 4 rooms
rendered walls, but some areas sound hollow so render off as well.
so cement adhesive & primer also.

G

Gazzer

And when you knock out the broken tiles how many more will come away if the walls sound hollow?. Been there and done that many times.

R

RockCeramics

And when you knock out the broken tiles how many more will come away if the walls sound hollow?. Been there and done that many times.

The only way i might be able to acheive this without any others, will be to use hitachi 5" with cheap 2mm dia blade and dry hoover.

I have also attached at the bottom of quote that
Additional price for any extra tiles, but if only a couple extra i can live with that in my price.
The client has been notified and is well aware of the situation.
we reviewed and premarked and itemised the cracked tiles that need replacing. So people are aware.
btw this is a commercial site not residential.

G

Gazzer

If you say the walls sound hollow i would put my money on you removing the broken tiles and as you release tension on the wall large areas will just fall off.

R

RockCeramics

Hope not :yikes: but more money if they do.
heres how i will attack
1: cut joints with cutter ,depth unknown until first one to see block wall approx (25mm)
2: drill tiles with sds 6mm bit
3 : remove tiles with small chiesel / cheap possy screw driver. ( fingers crossed)

He is aware that the original walls will remain hollow ( cant define hollow but slightly lesser than tapping a door ) if that makes sense.??

R

RockCeramics

Thanks thats a handy tool.:8:
the 25mm was to remove the rendering as well as tile & adhesive and go back to brick work,.
so the area is completly safe and secure.
And then get asked to replace others when needed.

Reply to patch repairs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks