Search the forum,

Discuss one for the rogues gallery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Went to look at a job, the customer had a new toilet fitted and it was smaller in the base than the one that was removed, he asked me if I could lift the tiles and re-cut the 4 tiles around the toilet, the whole floor had to be lifted as the porcelain tiles had been laid with the spot fixing method onto marley type tiles that were laid onto hardboard as they had all come loose, ended up boarding and putting down new tiles...
These are how the whole floor was...

http://www.tilersforums.com/members...6-hardboard-marley-tiles-porcelain-fixed.html

W

White Room

Was that tubbed adhesive used on the tiles, not that would make any difference with hardboard on the floor

G

grumpygrouter

Strange they would pot so many spots on a tile though.....would have been quicker to back butter properly!!!

Reply to one for the rogues gallery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen