Search the forum,

Discuss Non slip Polished Porcelain (white 600x600) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

IanA2

I'm looking to have 75 m2 of PP tiles laid, and I would like if possible for these to be non-slip

I can't seem to find many places that give the slip ratings.

Am I looking for something that does not exist? I thought i read somewhere that the nano sealed stuff is less slippery.

Many thanks.

T

TJ Smiler

Just done 56m2 of PP, looked absolutely lovely running through the kitchen and into the conservatory. Came back the following week to do her bathroom and it still looked lovely underneath all the rugs she had put down cos she said it was to slippery!!!! Doh, i did warn her!

I

IanA2

Thanks for all the input. It seems what I want doesn't exist. So what's the best compromise?

I would like tiles that are light in colour and as reflective as possible and which are low maintenance.

Should I be looking a glazed ceramic?

Thanks folks.

I

IanA2

I've found a "Supreme White Gloss" tile on the tile Magic site. SKU 820760, but I can't post the link. Would this tick my boxes?

I

IanA2

Yes, I noticed that it was in fact polished just after I posted, but wasn't able to edit.

The tiles are to be laid throughout, ie hall, beds, living, kitchen & bathroom.

I'm going for a uniform look and want white/light, as reflective as possible and low/no maintenance which we're not going to slip on.

I'm beginning to think of maple or bamboo flooring, but would prefer tiles if i can source the right ones.

I

IanA2

I think I've confused things with the reference to wood floors. This would only be if a tiled alternative is not available. I is not my first choice.
We can't have carpets (asthmatics).
We hate vinyl and laminates.
That leaves tiles or wood.

The flat is small and hot, therefore large tiles (600x600) that reflect wold help lighten it, and also cool it. Therefore our preference as long as it's not too slippery.

Wood would be an alternative but is not as light (colour) nor as reflective as tiles can be and would insulate the flat making it hotter, (I think). But if we did go wood it would not be in tile shape if you see what I mean.

Does anyone know if it's possible to search by slip rating?

Reply to Non slip Polished Porcelain (white 600x600) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen