Search the forum,

Discuss New trowels. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

My trowels are about just worn out..

So after seeing a few of these newer type slant ones etc.. What type do you recommended over the traditional square notch or U notch..?

And are they as good as they look .?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Are these the ones shown in Karl Dahm Dave? Does Trade tiler stock them? I would like to give them a go:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Karl dahm do them and Raimondi and others.. some really weird looking teeth on them..

T

I agree, they look different. But I wonder if you can get 100% solid bed? worth a try maybe.:thumbsup:

A

Aston

if they were better they would have taken over the market by now imo
its an easy equation working out whether they cover more than traditional trowels by working out the area of the slants...(not by the user lol...the manufacturers :thumbsup:
i'd love to get hold of a larger range of marshalltown trowels. the steel is better than the rubi trowels......

ed

T

Ed when I worked in the US. I bought a load of Marshalltown trowels. When I got home I was showing a fixer my gauging trowel ( marshalltown ) he picked up his 7" Tyzac, gauger and whacked it edge to edge with mine. The tyzac had a 3mm dent in it, not a mark on the Marshalltown. Enough said:thumbsup:

A

Aston

hi phil

id love to find a stockist who has a fullrange inc the slightly bigger 13 inch length trowels...maybe tradetiler could get a few more in??? rubi do a great range but the steel is way too flimsy imo...any thoughts?

T

Hi Ed, I agree rubi tend to be a bit flimsy. The last rubi bucket trowel I bought rusted:yikes:

Reply to New trowels. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen