Search the forum,

Discuss New mitre saw in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

I use a lot of makita gear, i also have a dewalt mitre saw and it's superb too.
I don't use it on trims though, seem a bit big for that but sounds interesting.. lol
Good saw you bought there.

T

tfs

has some good features mate e.g. double bevel which is very handy if you do skirting etc as it saves you having to try and use the saw with your left hand, has a good range on the mitre cut aswell range from 60 one way and 45 the other way.

You can also perfosm trench cuts with it which is hand for making rebates in wood for lap joints or housing joints when making door linning etc

M

maniek

nice, i use makita mls100 bottom of the range but works great to me,
wish you perfect cuts using your new 'toy'..

M

Mike

Ive just had the same one, brilliant cutter. i got mine free along with a trend router and trend w/top jig. i had them all as part of a small business grant :thumbsup:

R

Rob Z

I just ordered the 7 1/2" Makita SCMS...it should be here soon. The dust collection supposed to be fantastic and the cut quality is great. It's 1/3 the price of the Festool Kapex.

I'm going to use it for inside work (because of the DC). My old and reliable 8 1/2" Hitachi slider is only going to get used outside (because of the lack of dust collection option).

R

Rob Z

TFS, I just watched the video that you posted. That's a sweet saw, for sure.

I think that's the same model that a buddy just got and he loves it.

Have you used it enough to be able to give us a report?

T

tfs

Only done a few cuts on mdf boards. I will be starting a pretty big bathroom job next week so will put it to use use when framing and then again for finnishing. We will be converting a walk in wardrobe and en suite into one large en suite so will have plenty of opportunity to try various cuts etc.

First observations are that it cuts square, I was cutting boards of MDF 250mm wide, the laser pointer was 2mm out over that length. I will adjust this at a later date, I preffer to align with blade anyway.

I think it will be handy for skirting etc as it bevels both ways. Looking at the saw I reckon it will cut up to 6inch tall skirting with ease but will cut greater lenghts flat with the sliding rails.

I had a little mess about with the depth stop feature and cut siome rebates on some MDF, I thik this will be a handy feature also.

I will give a quick update on its performance in the next fortnight once this bathroom project has been finnished.

:thumbsup:

Reply to New mitre saw in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen