Search the forum,

Discuss New kitchen diner extension project - large format tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Honest opinion based on the look of the extension, the description of the Kitchen, the worktops and the overall quality of Finish I believe you would want. Get a professional in. To put it simply, you can’t cram in decades of experience and advise into a thread on a forum, it’s just impossible.

D

Deleted member 51481

I agree, had a pro around this morning to quote who has come with a good recommendation. Not going to be cheap but don't want to cut corners to save a few quid for either an imperfect job or storing up problems down the line.

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
As said I would always tile under appliances.
I also agree with Waluigi regarding fitting the kitchen.
As a full time Kitchen/Bathroom fitter it’s not always as easy as it looks to get things spot on.
Having the right tools and skills to get the final finish is what makes a good kitchen great.
Expensive quartz worktops on badly fitted units, packed out because they are poorly levelled is not a good look. (Not saying you do not have the skills to do this, I hope you can pull it off,)
Good luck with whatever you do. Looks like it’s going to be a great project

Reply to New kitchen diner extension project - large format tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen