Discuss New kitchen diner extension project - large format tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

On one

I would prefer to tile before kitchen is fitted even if you don't do under the units . It's just easier
On jobs where the kitchen has been fitted first,I've seen the kitchen fitters have to come back to move the island unit/granite worktop square to the tiles.

D

Deleted member 51481

Hello, the island could move as we're not template or fitting the quartz end panels until the tiles are down.

As for tiling after the kitchen fitting for the l -shaped section, unfortunately the tiles won't be delivered until after the kitchen has to be fitted if we want it ready for Xmas. So surely plynths over the tiles will be ok but not sure about a 900mm cooker and 900mm fridge freezer. Would you pull them out and just tile front visible section?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If you have a range cooker you want to tile under it really.

D

Dumbo

Anything that is not integrated should be tiled under . So an allowance must be made tile and adhesive thickness when setting kitchen heights .

W

Waluigi

Honest opinion based on the look of the extension, the description of the Kitchen, the worktops and the overall quality of Finish I believe you would want. Get a professional in. To put it simply, you can’t cram in decades of experience and advise into a thread on a forum, it’s just impossible.

D

Deleted member 51481

I agree, had a pro around this morning to quote who has come with a good recommendation. Not going to be cheap but don't want to cut corners to save a few quid for either an imperfect job or storing up problems down the line.

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
As said I would always tile under appliances.
I also agree with Waluigi regarding fitting the kitchen.
As a full time Kitchen/Bathroom fitter it’s not always as easy as it looks to get things spot on.
Having the right tools and skills to get the final finish is what makes a good kitchen great.
Expensive quartz worktops on badly fitted units, packed out because they are poorly levelled is not a good look. (Not saying you do not have the skills to do this, I hope you can pull it off,)
Good luck with whatever you do. Looks like it’s going to be a great project

Reply to New kitchen diner extension project - large format tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks