Discuss New kitchen diner extension project - large format tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 51481

Hello, my introduction and screed issues thread has probably run its course now that I have bitten the bullet and have a contractor appointed. Now onto the real deal so to speak...
The scope is to tile a new kitchen diner extension which is 30sqm with an l shaped kitchen and island. The room is rectangular with no rad pipes to cut around as the column rads are wall mounted. I have a Weber slc flow compound screed to tile off and 10mm porcelaine tiles that are 800mm x 400mm. I've ever only tiled one tiny bathroom before and it went ok. I even managed to cut curves to go around a toilet and sink pedestal.

My concerns are the size of the tiles as they will not be forgiving but I should have a flat level surface to work off.

I plan to start in the middle of the room and work out with 3/4 blockwork bond. Just so your're aware i also wish to extend the tiles externally but with 20mm but that can wait until the weather gets better. All the same tiles are being delivered in one consignment FYI.

I have no idea on which adhesive or grout to go for so advice would be welcome as well as trade hints and tips.

Cheers
Caley

D

Deleted member 51481

A picture paints a thousand words and I will post more when there is progress i.e. the kitchen is in which I'm also going to have a go at fitting. I assume you would advocate tiling after the kitchen installation to save on costs and effort?!

IMG_5097.JPG

D

Deleted member 51481

That is interesting but I'm running out of the time as the kitchen has to be assembled w/c 3 Dec. Worktop templating w/c 10 Dec then worktop fitting w/c 17 Dec all in time for Xmas. I (my wife) has accepted the tiling might not some be done for Xmas but at least the kitchen will be functioning with worktops, sink and a tap!

D

Deleted member 51481

Haven't worked out the quote function yet but Happy to be advised, should this thread be elsewhere and am I biting more off more than I can chew?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would prefer to tile before kitchen is fitted even if you don't do under the units . It's just easier

It’s what I prefer to do also.

J

J Sid

30m2 two days

take rad off and drill hole in tile and drop over pipe, don't cut round it and infill the back, please

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would allow 3 days for 2 to complete a floor that size but I’m not a pro as such, tiling would be a part of a complete kitchen as I supply and install.

Reply to New kitchen diner extension project - large format tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks