Search the forum,

Discuss New Forum Version - Discussion and Feedback Thread in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We've finally upgraded tilersforums.com to the latest forum software version. Leagues ahead of all other forum types and with lots of extra features, of which I'll add to the forum at a later date, once we've all gotten used to the change.

Unlike with the sparky forum (sorry lads) I have managed to keep all the thanked statistics. So nothing has been lost there.

I'll be re-styling it, adding sponsors, and adding a few of the features we had before during the next few hours so please hang in there. :)

I hope you all enjoy the new forum which should be even quicker than the last, and even easier to use (for those that are newer to the forum).

W

White Room

I got used to the plastering forum, so nothing to strange for me.

Wheres the night mode then:drool5:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Also it seems i camn't thank you for your post about above as I get this message... oh well your loss :lol:

Colour Republic, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. If you have followed a link to the Pub aka Tilers Forums Arms - then you need to read THIS thread which explains how you get access to that area.
  2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log out and log back in mate. Should clear your cookies. Nothing's changed on your account.

U

user123

I'll work on the nightmode one. All styles are work in progress for the moment.

As for the font-size. Which font G? The main content font or the rest?

The font size for the main content area is the same as the old forum, though the username and usertitles and things not related to the actual thread content is a size smaller. And the reason for that is to ensure when unregistered readers (though members too) are browsing the forum, they can clearly see what the actual thread content is.

The size in the posts...weird, it definitely looks smaller to me and the lines closer together... I have trouble reading it... does that have something to do with firefox? NO idea, don't think my eyes have got that much worse in half a day... maybe something to do with contrasts or something... also, when it shows 20 out of 99 posts, is it possible to extend the 20 to 40 or whatever to the bottom of the page to utiliize the huge white space and see more at once? I can imagine this is pretty labour intensive stuff... and I don't know what is involved... am I the only one who is struggling with the size of writing?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The size in the posts...weird, it definitely looks smaller to me and the lines closer together... I have trouble reading it... does that have something to do with firefox? NO idea, don't think my eyes have got that much worse in half a day... maybe something to do with contrasts or something... also, when it shows 20 out of 99 posts, is it possible to extend the 20 to 40 or whatever to the bottom of the page to utiliize the huge white space and see more at once? I can imagine this is pretty labour intensive stuff... and I don't know what is involved... am I the only one who is struggling with the size of writing?

What huge white space? I think something's going on there G. In a thread, the posts finish, then you have the reply box, then the thread info box, tags box and bookmarking box and whatnot. Then the bottom of the page, no white space at all.

Try holding down the Ctrl key and whilst holding that down, hit the F5 key which fully refreshes the page layout etc.

U

user123

what is it with the blue and orange

is Dan a luton town fc supporter

I like blue and orange, like blue and yellow, too...:hurray::) blue with most things... and how about khakis, Dan, if you are looking for more combinations, brown and beige, or green and pink, or black and white and just a little colour?

Reply to New Forum Version - Discussion and Feedback Thread in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen