Search the forum,

Discuss New Acorn Tile Levelling System in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

As is yours @Simon benn Leeds
U just asked how they performed with a plank, so I just put up couple images. It's not to say they are used everywhere, but certainly in certain places they certainly help.
On the question of removal of a tile used with this system,
ask @AliGage,

How difficult was it to remove that kitchen tile in Shelperton Ali? The one that Peter snagged? (Hand on heart, it was less than 1mm high on one corner!!)

I'm not asking u to love them Simon,
I just think it's hard to form an opinion on something that you have no Experiance with mate that's all.

I don't think that's unreasonable. ;)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Trust me they come in handy with tiles like @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin tiles, 1200x600 , 4mm ish thick, on floors not bang on, they help heaps ,also with heavy tiles ,it stops them slumping with not so bang on floors.
And pls none of this BS saying your floors are always bang on flat and plumb, I ain't seen many in nearly 30years ;)

S

Simon benn Leeds

As is yours @Simon benn Leeds
U just asked how they performed with a plank, so I just put up couple images. It's not to say they are used everywhere, but certainly in certain places they certainly help.
On the question of removal of a tile used with this system,
ask @AliGage,

How difficult was it to remove that kitchen tile in Shelperton Ali? The one that Peter snagged? (Hand on heart, it was less than 1mm high on one corner!!)

I'm not asking u to love them Simon,
I just think it's hard to form an opinion on something that you have no Experiance with mate that's all.

I don't think that's unreasonable. ;)

I agree entirely it's hard to form an opinion without using them myself, and again I apologise if my comments seem criticism but I mean them more as questions.

I can see and understand now, the concept of them however on the original post with promo video I could not really the use for them. That's not to say I'll never give them a go, I mean if I were to be sent some foc I might be more inclined to try them!... Ha ha.

In terms of installation would it be safe to say it takes a fair bit longer to use the clips?

Reply to New Acorn Tile Levelling System in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen