Search the forum,

Discuss Need your feed back people! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

timburnett@blue

How do everyone!, My name is Tim from Bristol and I am in no way related to the tile industry whatsoever but I have a question and would hope that some of you guys may answer it.The problem I have is that I am not a small bloke (6ft 5 and about 20 stone!) and even though I have sealed around between my bath and tiles many times I still have to end up scraping out and resealing it time and time again. Is there anything on the market that would allow plenty of flex that wont break down after time as I have an idea as to how to combat it but as of yet I cant find anyone who manufactures such a thing to do anything like whats needed?

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The bath is still flexing.

Cut out ALL the old silicon, and clean throughly
Then fill bath as far as possible, then re-silicon......and leave for 24 hours

Or you could look at these types of bath seals.........not the ideal solution as they do tend to look manky after a while:furious3:

Topps tiles do a version which allows more movement than some of the others on the market.:yes:

http://www.trimlux.com/pdf/Trimlux%20Point%20of%20Sale.pdf

D

DHTiling

Hello tim...........try tele-seal from screwfix........

Teleseal Shower Seal 200ml - NoLinksToThis, Where the Trade Buys

twinlog

TF
Reaction score
Hiya Tim & Welcome to the Forum :grin:
Is the bath secured to the wall correctly with two small angle brackets?
If not and you do not want to remedy this the correct way, you can secure it by means of timber under the bath against all walls if you get the jist!
Also are the feet correctly adjusted and screwed to the floor?
This should be checked before the sealant is done, for obvious reasons.
Ever heard of a trojancast bath? This will never move once fitted correctly!
Just in case, the correct way to install a bath once secured is to silicone a good bead around before tiling, then tile, then as CJ says redo the silicone.
Hope this is of some use for you.

P

Perry

If the bath is fitted correctly it will not move even if you are 20 stone the silicone is not the problem most badly fitted baths can be sorted easily as Twinlog points out :pete

R

raylincs

I agree with twinlog on this, take the bath panel off and have a look at if the legs have come loose.
Ray

Reply to Need your feed back people! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen