Search the forum,

Discuss Most used tile supplier in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Started to use Apex Grange who deliver as well, good prices for Tilemaster Setaflex standard white.

My previous supplier changed to Norcross, N&C are chasing for me to purchase their addy.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Started to use Apex Grange who deliver as well, good prices for Tilemaster Setaflex standard white.

My previous supplier changed to Norcross, N&C are chasing for me to purchase their addy.

Apex Grange added.

Tilemaster are being talked about a lot just lately. We could do with one of their guys on here a bit more maybe. Also more tile shops stocking their stuff?

S

Spare Tool

"Big firms do the buying deals thing"
Sorry don't know how to highlight a single line but..
My local "Harp" is the only tile shop in a god knows radius that deals direct with Webber, any other local independent cannot get a look in and have to buy via CTD or the like which adds at least another 10% on to the trade price of materials, that 10% adds up over the year to my profits. As an example, i was doing a job in Burnley last week and tile giant was only down the the road and just wanted 1 bag of white flexi and even at trade it was double the price I normally pay for the same spec Webber. After arguing the toss for ten minutes he knocked £7 off the bag but had to mark it down as a ripped bag just to justify the reduction to head office, I even said this is why I don't buy my materials in here...we don't make the prices he says. With their buying power it should be 'the' first choice for trade, all wrong if you ask me!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If you highlight the text you want to quote, you get a tiny pop up and then you click reply. It will quote that part only dead easy.

(I'm not teaching people to suck eggs here, my style is to not ram guides down your throats. It's to tell you when there's a quicker way for you to do it.)

As for the thread, is harp not a small / independent firm then?

O

Old Mod

I don't supply a great deal of materials and I haven't supplied tiles for many years now, not since I got burnt in the recession in the early 90's!
I took a large national supplier for a few grand and it's never sat right with me since, massive regret.
I stopped supplying, period!
Only started supplying materials again in the last few years, before that all I sold, was my hands.

So now I suppose the suppliers I use most are Worlds End Tiles in Battersea (CTD) and CTD in Walton on Thames (Hampton Court)
But I've cast my vote for Worlds End cos I use that depot a little more.

I've started to use Lilley Tile and Stone for all my Schluter Systems orders.
Stuart and his dad are great people and knowledgable!
When I placed my first order Stuart's dad brought it to site personally just so that he could say hi and introduce company.
He did forget a couple of bits tho haha, but they were in my grubby paws within 24hrs by Royal Mail courier.
Even their online price often beats CTD comfortably, their stock range is far more comprehensive too, which means next day for pretty much anything.
Plus I don't pay the online price anyway :)
.......and they carry a comprehensive stock of Mapei products!

Need to give Bleakleys Tiles & Absolute ceramics (same company)
an honoury mention too.
Small independent company, I believe of 50yrs, based in Thames Ditton & Hersham. (Johnnyc territory)
I've been doing a fair bit of work through them and they are a Tilemaster stockist :sunglasses: that's where I got my first bag.
I'm also able to get materials out of hours too, as long as I call in the day. So whilst I'm unable to get most of my mats from there, they're certainly worthy of some kudos!

padtheplumber

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I use Monarch Tiles in Redditch (an independent) for my adhesives and grout, I send my customers to them to buy tiles, and I do most of their heating work for their own fit outs so it works well all round. There's a topps a couple of doors down from them but I've never felt I've had the same prices or service from them.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I use Monarch Tiles in Redditch (an independent) for my adhesives and grout, I send my customers to them to buy tiles, and I do most of their heating work for their own fit outs so it works well all round. There's a topps a couple of doors down from them but I've never felt I've had the same prices or service from them.
Monarch added to the list.

S

Spare Tool

If you highlight the text you want to quote, you get a tiny pop up and then you click reply. It will quote that part only dead easy.

(I'm not teaching people to suck eggs here, my style is to not ram guides down your throats. It's to tell you when there's a quicker way for you to do it.)

As for the thread, is harp not a small / independent firm then?
Can't seem to do the highlighting thing on my phone..
Yes Harp is only an independent but they have a deal with Webber so they supply them exclusively (in this area) direct without the need for a middleman, therefore their trade prices reflect this.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Tiles and Mosaics (Ceramique International) in Leeds Dan for me

Reply to Most used tile supplier in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen