Search the forum,

Discuss Most efficient insulation board for thickness in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a very small cloakroom to do and they want electric underfloor heating. Contrete base and I have about 10mm depth I can use for insulation board below the heating. What board gives the best insulation?
Many thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah the difference between having even 6mm compared to nothing is massive. But the difference in having 10mm to 6mm or 20mm to 10mm is negligible.

A 10mm marmox only has 8mm insulation too. XPS board on its own is the way I'd go.

Reply to Most efficient insulation board for thickness in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen