Currently reading:
Mosaics :/ Getting mosaic border flush with tiles

Discuss Mosaics :/ Getting mosaic border flush with tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

We have got a scheme coming up whereby we need to install a mosaic band in between some 11mm think ceramics.......guess whats coming up.......

Has anybody got any suggestions as to the best (cheapest) solution to ensuring the detail is flush on completion. The client is going to be looking at this with a magnifying glass, so anybody who has experienced the pain of trying to do this, and has got some ideas, let me know!!

JP

T

Time's Ran Out

Cheers! Dog tooth is definitely the cheapest but as its only a thin band I think the mess will out weigh the finish. As it is a repetitive finish to 60 bathrooms I was hoping for a better solution. Backer boards is the straight forward option but that might hurt my pocket a bit!

Not sure how it's a messy process .
Are you aware of this method and as it's the cheapest it has to be your 1st choice and certainly the easiest.
And buy that lad a new cutter - he lost it from your van! :)

Not sure how it's a messy process .
Are you aware of this method and as it's the cheapest it has to be your 1st choice and certainly the easiest.
And buy that lad a new cutter - he lost it from your van! :)
Timeless John - erm - can you explain the lost cutter comment as we are sat in a meeting talking about our lad who has had a cutter nicked from his van!!!!!!!

Reply to Mosaics :/ Getting mosaic border flush with tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement