Search the forum,

Discuss Mosaic from full tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

All, just a bit of info for you all. Alot of you may know this but it was a new one on me.
Went with a client to pick tiles for a rather large bathroom refurb. Picked a nice 450x450 floor tile with matching vertical border tiles for the walls. Problem was there was a wet room former that had a pre-shaped fall at one end of the bathroom. I know from previous work these look better tiled in mosaic. Couldnt find a mosaic to match, however the sales assistant suggested they could cut the 450's into 50's or 30's stick em on a sheet and i could use them. He showed me an example and everyone was happy.
Looking forward to seeing them!!

Any of you good folk done this before?

S

Spud

here is a pic of a wet room i done a few years ago i smash up some tiles and ground the sharp edges off and put them on the shower former as the customer didnt like the envelope, this picture was taken 4 years after i did the job for them

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

Hi Davy, i done a large house lately with expensive skytech tiles on bathroom floors, the sloped shower area was getting the same tiles so i suggested getting them cut into mosaics!! the loved the idea so we got it done(superbly so too).
Armatile supplied the tiles and they cut the mosaics and planted them on mesh sheets!
I actually done a 50m2 office floor for Armatile 2 weeks ago in their Armagh base,
it was in the factory where they cut and make borders,mosaics etc ! VERY IMPRESSIVE set up,lovely to see what can be done in them places.:thumbsup:

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
phone 094.jpg

phone 101.jpg

Image136.jpg
Have done lots of these, any waterjet co.
can cut any tile into mosaic sheets, the third one by the way is left for a shower screeen that curves round at the end.

Last edited:
D

davy_G

All, it must be a trend catching on, i will post some pics when im doing the job, 2 week lead time on the mosaics....

Reply to Mosaic from full tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen