Search the forum,

Discuss Mixing powdered adhesive/grouts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

I hate reading stuff like this as it reminds me of how stupid I've been, I really can't get on with masks because they drive me up the wall and tell myself that any damage has already been done with the amount or rubbish that has entered my lungs, but it has got me thinking for the first time that maybe I should invest in a mask that will suit me, i mean i'm quite happy spending the best part of a grand on some new fancy tool but wouldn't spend over £30 on an all singing all dancing mask that may well save my life. If it cost me £200 it would be money well spent

Sorry to hear about your pal:thumbsdown:

D

doug boardley

I didn't mean to be flippant in my earlier posts Enduro, both myself and my brother have had polyps removed from our throats, mainly due to adding lime to dashing and render in the bad old days. I actually hold my breath whilst I'm mixing anything, and if i need to breathe, I do little intakes through my mouth. But masks really do panic me, but I would deffo recommend them to anybody else:thumbsup:

D

Daz

It's always upsetting to hear of cases such as your friend Enduro.
I wear glasses and the standard masks just fog my glasses up so I struggled whenever mixing, scoring tiles, removing dodgy latexing, paint from plaster etc. etc.. I have had to invest in an expensive mask for all those dusty tasks, but have to admit that I tend to mix up outside and rarely wear a mask for that.

D

doug boardley

I had a bupa mot about 4 years ago Mark, at the time I was doing about 20 cigs a day, they didn't believe I smoked! I've since packed up both!

D

Daz

As an asthmatic squash player, I've never had a chest x-ray but I know my "puffer rate test thingy" is only 550 (which is below average).

W

White Room

Only realised the other day on the news Beckhem has an inhaler because he's slightly asthmatic

D

doug boardley

Paul Scholes, full blown asthmatic, what an athlete, but probs never been near caustic or carcinogenic substances:thumbsup:

M

mistral

Weber low dust adhesive actually really does seem to be low dust! Ifyou hate wearing masks it might help.

R

Rob Z

Enduro, sorry to hear about your friend. :(

I have recently been investing a lot of money in dust collection equipment. I have two HEPA air cleaners, and numerous HEPA vacs to which we can attach a variety of sanding, grinding and cutting tools. We also have good respirators which we wear while doing demolition work.

I'm 44 and didn't start getting serious about this until recently. I used to come home and my lungs would ache for days after doing dusty work. I'm trying to get my employees in the habit of protecting themselves now while they are young (early 30's).

Reply to Mixing powdered adhesive/grouts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen