Search the forum,

Discuss mitre joints on marble? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pursedog

cheers for the replies.
is a lot to pay out but like you say it will pay for itself in the not too distant future.
rubi looks like the best bet, prob shld get the diamant dw-200-nl .... collecting tile cutters like fcking panini stickers these days!!!!!!!

M

MICK the Tiler

you dont mitre marble !!!
the correct way is to step butt the corner by 2/3 mm

Tell that to the architech where I'm working I have tried myself, but the guy is just a D*ckhead :mad2: I'm with You PJ a well constructed polished butt joint looks like Pure Class IMO. :thumbsup:

M

MICK the Tiler

Why is that PJ? is it because it is too brittle?

To answer your question Charlie although Pj will have his own thoughts, Marble is soft yet dense and can indeed be mitered and in fact can be shaped into anything you like if you are skilled enough (Look at the statue of David), the problem arises where the very fine edge near the end of the miter, it will look great for a while, but bathrooms are useable spaces where things get bumped and knocked and eventually the edge will chip over time. Unlike the statue of David where one looks but does not touch.

A well constructed butt joint polished up will look better for alot longer.

B

Branty

And if you get yourself the fein stone polishing kit from a good tool stockist, you'll have the tools to do it.
I worked in a house two years ago, with 5 bathrooms, all tiled in marble. They wanted the but edge finish polished. Myself and the other tiler had no tools, and no experience at this. That got a guy in, and he charged £10 a linear meter. Looked really straight forward, and he made a nice little wedge.

P

pursedog

just forked out over £650 for a VIP290. looks the nuts, hope it does what it says on the tin!

Reply to mitre joints on marble? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen