Search the forum,

Discuss Mitre External Corners in Porcelain Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Wow. Have got the mitringitself down but filling a mitred corner really is a dark art, can't get the full answer anywhere. Have asked myself before and seen many other posts where the question is half-answered.

The reason you believe the question is only half answered, is because there isn’t a definitive answer!
Can you imagine how many resins there are in the market place.
Ask 10 marble companies what resin they use and you’ll get 15 different answers!!
There’s many variables that determine what to use.
Full epoxy, polyester, environmental, colour, experience, cost, application, personal preference, working time, U.V. tolerant.
That’s why you get half answers.
And believe me, it costs a small fortune to experiment with all those variables.
It’s nothing personal, it’s just an almost impossible question to answer.

C

cornsack

This video may be of some use to you @cornsack, equally it may not but it made me think of this thread.

Thanks Tony! Love watching any master of their craft.

I have a little experience from free-handing corners with plaster and even lime renders the old-fashioned way. That is a skill let me tell you, I'm certainly not the best at it but looking at the associated techniques maybe I'm worrying all in vain!

O

Old Mod

Thanks Tony! Love watching any master of their craft.

I have a little experience from free-handing corners with plaster and even lime renders the old-fashioned way. That is a skill let me tell you, I'm certainly not the best at it but looking at the associated techniques maybe I'm worrying all in vain!
Did you find the colour you needed from the waters group?

C

cornsack

Did you find the colour you needed from the waters group?

Thanks for input everyone.

Think I am going to use my white grout on this occasion. Seems adequate for this particular situation I think and I also need to make a start sooner than I could get anything delivered. Might pursue resins for future projects though.

Some of the techniques look similar to that I have used to form corners by hand on plaster, render, etc. so I am hoping that will give me half a chance. Who knows, might be easier :p

H

hmtiling

Thanks for input everyone.

Think I am going to use my white grout on this occasion. Seems adequate for this particular situation I think and I also need to make a start sooner than I could get anything delivered. Might pursue resins for future projects though.

Some of the techniques look similar to that I have used to form corners by hand on plaster, render, etc. so I am hoping that will give me half a chance. Who knows, might be easier :p
Can we see some before and after pictures?

Reply to Mitre External Corners in Porcelain Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen