Search the forum,

Discuss Mitre edges in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Turkish

Hey everyone,

Hypothetical question. Haven`t been asked to do this but just in case.....

If someone wants tiling around a window but doesn`t want trims then i guess you mitre the tile edges to 45deg, however, if you have a tile on the wall where the top right corner of the tile needs cutting off so it fits round the reveals how do you mitre both the cut edges to 45deg so that they meet with the mitred edged tiles on the vertical and horizontal reveal?

Does that make any sense at all!!!!!????? It does in my head but then that`s a strange place at the best of times!!!!

Cheers

Turkish:6:

G

Gazzer

I had to do quite a bit of this while i was working in Melbourne, Australia. We would use loads of natural stone products in the private houses and the Italian clients were dead against tile trims full stop.
All the straight tiles can be done easily on a wet cutter by mitring the edge as usual. The cut around the window would be cut to allow for the thickness of teh tile and then be mitred using an angle grinder and diamond wheel. It took some getting use to but in the end i was very good at it, you need to use the side of the wheel as opposed to tip of the wheel if that makes sense.
The other way would be to use a rubbing stone or tile file but that would take some time.

P

Perry

its easy you can do it on a wet cutter as long as the bed tilts used to do it by hand i don't use trim very often
:pete

W

White Room

It's funny that I asked a tiler of 35 years and I said how do you mitre an L shaped angle and he said you don't:huh2:

G

GazTech

I did these, with my angle grinder , always leave couple of mm for grout.....Gaz

Attachments

• kit2 (Medium).jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 73
V

Varley

Mitring does look a hell of a lot better, hav not tried it yet myself but will be giving it a go when it comes to doing my own bathroom, looks great Gaz thanks for the piccy! :thumbsup:

Reply to Mitre edges in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen