Search the forum,

Discuss mitre cuts on dewalt d24000??? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

I have been contemplating parting with my hard earned pennies to purchase one of these beasts!
I have noticed that the biggest tile cut in half on the 45 is 450mm

so this only allows you the biggest piece of tile for an external mitre to be cut with this machine 225mm i think thats right? due to the side the blade angles, and the position of the pillar.

I do alot of mitres on my rubi rail wet cutter and im not restricted in the width of the tile, only the length, the dewalt will cut longer tiles but it is the width that is concerning me!

so to all of you who has got one how do you overcome this problem????
is the machine and blades that well balanced that you can cut the tile up side down and it dosent chip the tile????

or are you just strait cutting the tile and grinding the back edge off???

And is it really worth IN YOUR OWN OPPINIONS me changing from the rubi to the dewalt???

ive got my finger on the button to order one but its still hovering:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Don't have any probs with mine..?

Not really needed to mitre a tile on diamond..??

P

peckers

Don't have any probs with mine..?

Not really needed to mitre a tile on diamond..??

should have made myself clearer, if the tile that needs to have an external mitre on it and its finish cut is say 300mm how are you doing it as the widest cut on this machine at 45 is 225mm?

S

Spud

turn the tile upside down, there is no obstruction from the right hand side it gives a external mitre then, all side arm wet cutter are the same :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

It will allow a tile piece of 330mm wide before it hits the support post... where did you get 225mm from..

P

peckers

It will allow a tile piece of 330mm wide before it hits the support post... where did you get 225mm from..
it says on the instructions 450mm tile is the widest it will take being cut on a mitre if the tile was to be cut in half hence the widest external mitre on a tile cut the right way up is 225mm

S

Spud

what blades are you using? do you get chipping doing it this way?
i dont have the dewalt wet saw but do have an old rubi side arm wet saw which has a lay over head for mitring so have come up against this problem myself in the past ,i am very intersted in the dewalt and wish to buy one in the near future :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

it says on the instructions 450mm tile is the widest it will take being cut on a mitre if the tile was to be cut in half hence the widest external mitre on a tile cut the right way up is 225mm

:lol: 450mm on diamond not square.. so if you measure across the tile point to point on the diamond then half it... not half of 450mm..:thumbsup:

But as gary says you cut upside down..

Reply to mitre cuts on dewalt d24000??? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen