Currently reading:
Missippippi Cirat Floor tiles B&Q

Discuss Missippippi Cirat Floor tiles B&Q in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

crablogger

Hi There

I have commited the cardinal sin!! I started my new kitchen over 3 years ago, when I thought I bought enough tiles to complete the job. As the job has gone on the kitchen has become bigger (honestly) and I am a few tiles short.

Does anyone know where I might find some Mississippi Cirat floor tiles from??

They came from B&Q about 3 years ago and were produced by a Spanish company called Ballesmar.

They are 31.6 x 31.6cm and have an orangey mottled look.

Thanks in advance

Jon.

F

Fekin

Well the websites still running but that dosen't mean anything I guess, hope you can get hold of some.

As for the B&Q guy not being interested, I'd try again with a different staff member, they surely must have a store number as to where the tiles are allocated too.

If not, the only thing you could do other than not use what you have at all, would be to find some other tiles close to what you have and have the odd one dotted here and there, and it would\should still have a good effect.

Good luck.

C

cornish_crofter

Hi There Fekin

Thanks for the info. I have tried B&Q and even though they show a stock of these tiles in Reading, the bloke I talked to there was totally disinterested in trying to find them for me, as the computer didn't have a location.
As for Ballesmar, I heard they went into recievership, but this doesn't seem to be true, so I will contact them direct.

Cheers Jon.

:rant:

Well I'm sorry I've started now......

Need I say more. This is standard B&Q customer service. This is what is wrong with our country. This guy dosen't even deserve a job! There are hundreds of people being made redundant every day and this little a**e wipe can't even be bothered to put himself out to find a tile that they stock.

When I get service like this I find the store manager and explain that this simply is not good enough.

Customer Experience #1

I had this a while ago when I asked a price for a bathroom sink and the young lad who, quite frankly shouldn't have bothered getting out of bed that morning, just grunted and handed me a price list. The sink in question wasn't even in there! This was shortly after they opened and they were really slack. There were about 5 customers in the store and about 20 staff.

I found the manager, explained that this 'customer service experience' is not one I wish to remember. She picked up a scanner, scanned the product and gave me the price. I loaded it onto my trolly and as I left to pay I managed to catch a glimps of her repremanding the little oik, RESULT!

Customer Service Experience #2

An ex display bathroom suite was put out for sale. As I was in the process of renovating a house I was interested in buying it. I asked a 'kitchen and bathroom adviser' how much it was. He said he would go and find out.

About 20 minutes later I was still standing there waiting for a price. I got fed up and found a manager. I politely explained that I was just starting to lose the will to live. The muppet in question, with the memory span of a gold fish had simply forgotten about my enquiry, some 3 mins after I had asked him and he was doing something else when they eventually tracked him down. One had to laugh, If he forgets what he's doing every 3 minutes, I can just imagine the dozens of customers dotted around the store waiting for him to find something out for them, some are probably still there as we speak.

Customer Experience #3

I am a trade card holder, so I get free delivery if I spend over £50. I ordered a plastic garden store, as they were doing 15% off. I Identified the one I wanted and asked for it to be delivered along with some other stuff I was having. They agreed to do this on a given date.

The delivery came but there was no garden store. When I phoned up to ask why, I was told that they only pick them from the shelves the night before, the delivery and that they had run out of stock! I didn't even get an apology. This was despite the fact that I ordered it several days ago whilst they had stock. That was the way they did things and that was that! I dread to think what would have happened if these were materials I needed for a job.

This is standard don't give a damn, recession proof customer service, which will no doubt get B&Q through these hard times. I say bloody good luck to the decent staff they have, and to the rest of them, what goes around comes around!

To everyone on this forum, B&Q serve as a reminder to all of us the perils of not choosing your suppliers carefully. It's all about the cost of receiving poor customer service that is likely to drive our businesses under whilst they and a handful of their staff who quite franly couldn't give a damn whilst they've got jobs, sit around and do the bare minimum to keep themselves in their cosy little orange aprons.

I really feel for the staff who are motivated, they have to work with the store policies and some complete muppets.

:rant:

I

ianclementmay

You have my sympathy Holy123, I'm in the same boat as you, having delayed our tiling project, we are also short by some now obsolete Mississippi Cirat floor tiles. I would even be happy to take recycle tiles requiring cleaning but I suspect those offered much earlier in this string are long gone.
For anyone not familiar with these tiles; they are waney edged and a mottled terracotta orange colour.
There must be people out there who have some left over from their project that are now gathering dust in the back of their garage. I am happy to compensate you for your trouble or support you chosen charity.
I'm in real trouble with my mrs, please help.
Hopefully there would be enough tiles to complete both mine and Holly123s jobs.
Ian 01252 782854 (Surrey/Hampshire border)
[email protected]

D

DHTiling

Hi,
I am desperate for some Missisippi Cirat tiles. I was wondering if you still had any left. The tiling job grew but the tiles didn't ...

Thanks

You have my sympathy Holy123, I'm in the same boat as you, having delayed our tiling project, we are also short by some now obsolete Mississippi Cirat floor tiles. I would even be happy to take recycle tiles requiring cleaning but I suspect those offered much earlier in this string are long gone.
For anyone not familiar with these tiles; they are waney edged and a mottled terracotta orange colour.
There must be people out there who have some left over from their project that are now gathering dust in the back of their garage. I am happy to compensate you for your trouble or support you chosen charity.
I'm in real trouble with my mrs, please help.
Hopefully there would be enough tiles to complete both mine and Holly123s jobs.
Ian 01252 782854 (Surrey/Hampshire border)
[email protected]

Good luck to both of you on locating these tiles...:thumbsup:

H

Holly123

Hi Ian,

I was kindly given some used Missisippi Cirat tiles by John and I haven't used all of them so you are welcome to them. I used an angle grinder to clean the ones I reused and they clean up wel,l just takes a bit of time. So if you would like these tiles just let me know.

You have my sympathy Holy123, I'm in the same boat as you, having delayed our tiling project, we are also short by some now obsolete Mississippi Cirat floor tiles.

I

ianclementmay

Dear Dave, Holly123 and anyone else interested,

I placed a wanted ad on my local Freecycle Network appealing to anyone having tiles left over from their project and successfully aquired enough to finish the job. I'm advocating this as a possible solution to anyone looking for obsolete tiles on the Tiling Forum. It all seems so obvious now but the Freecycle Network could offer a lifeline to others.
Coincidently I also had the following response from B&Q customer services whom it seems are prepared to order in obsolete tiles:

Dear Mr Clement-May
Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Mississippi Cirat Floor Tiles.
It would appear that these items are no longer held on stock in our stores, however it shows on my stock system that these items may still be ordered in through the store. I will list the product code for you which may allow you to order these from your local B&Q.
EAN: 5010921217161 Mississippi Floor Tile Box of 10 (Cirat)
I trust this will be of help to you.
Kind Regards
Crawford Carlyle
Customer Service Advisor

So all ends well for both Holly123 and ourselves, just wanted to say thanks to the forum and please pass-on these possible solutions.
Kind regards
Ian.............

Reply to Missippippi Cirat Floor tiles B&Q in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.