Search the forum,

Discuss Mirrored glass metro levelled tiles, cutting and fixing?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,

Got a job next week doing kitchen splashback in the above tiles.

Firstly, what adhesive do you recommend. I use tilemaster adhesive for pretty much everything as that's what's stocked at my provider, so if you could recommend one of their adhesives that would be great. Or is it something totally different required?

Secondly, how would you go about cutting them? There are 4 or so sockets to go around so will need some L shapes as well as straight cuts. altho they will be hidden by the socket themselves.

Finally, the customer doesn't want a grout line.... recipe for disaster? I've checked a few of the tiles for "sizeyness" but still concerned about movement from change in temperature... thoughts?

Thanks!

H

hmtiling

Use an s2. Tilemaster do ultimate but it's very un-userfriendly. Isomat Ak25 would be a better choice.
For straight cuts a ts 40 or similar with do. For cutting round sockets a montolit cpv blade. Pro tiler tools have them.
They need a joint regardless of sizeyness

Reaction score
I've got tyrolit (I think that's how you spell it) in my grinder and got a briccolina wet cutter ... also got siri pro snap cutter - that should do shouldn't it? When scoring and snapping which side should you do? Cos isn't the green backing like a mirror sticker and the glass bit is actually just see through?

H

hmtiling

I've got tyrolit (I think that's how you spell it) in my grinder and got a briccolina wet cutter ... also got siri pro snap cutter - that should do shouldn't it? When scoring and snapping which side should you do? Cos isn't the green backing like a mirror sticker and the glass bit is actually just see through?
Your siri should be fine, I doubt your grinder blade will leave clean cuts though. Get a cpv for your briccolina

ttt tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just done one today.
Score and snap easy , wet saw cut no problem , only problem was , had to slurry coat the backs first (fired earth) instructions

H

hmtiling

Just done one today.
Score and snap easy , wet saw cut no problem , only problem was , had to slurry coat the backs first (fired earth) instructions
Slurry coat with rapid and sbr or mechanical grip primer?
Original style say s2, and it definitely sticks to them

Reply to Mirrored glass metro levelled tiles, cutting and fixing?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen