Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Metal trim ????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Shylo

im doing a job on wednesday and the customer has been getting Metal Trims for around the Window. What tool would it be best to cut the metal trim so i can get a good clean finish??/

R

rhyd4

i got a macrist blade on my wet saw, i use that, much easyer not to go offline with it

D

DHTiling

I wouldn't advise anybody to use a wet cutter to cut metal trims.........the deposits from the trim can clog the blade........they are not designed to cut metal , marcrist blade or not.....
Just use a hacksaw & mitre box or buy corner pieces.....:thumbsup:

S

Shylo

You can use Metal Trim Cutters like Wall Plasterers use when when they cut the metal trim on the corner of a wall

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i use a small mitre saw with a metal cutting blade, you can get a cheap one from b+q for about 30 squid..:thumbsup:

W

White Room

You can use Metal Trim Cutters like Wall Plasterers use when when they cut the metal trim on the corner of a wall

I would,nt Shylo it will twist, buckle and bend using plasterers snips and will look awful:thumbsup:

R

rob

There is no way you will get a accurate mitre using tin snips!! Good mitre box with a 32tpi Hacksaw is the best. Electric drop saws are not very portable, and a pain to get out if you only have a few cuts to make.
Get yourself a good quality file as well, just for fine adjustment after cutting - as not all joins are exactly 45 or 90 deg!

S

smurf21

Its defo a hacksaw job and fine file for metal trim if you want to do the job properly and neatly and use the mitre box:yes:

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
There is no way you will get a accurate mitre using tin snips!! Good mitre box with a 32tpi Hacksaw is the best. Electric drop saws are not very portable, and a pain to get out if you only have a few cuts to make.
Get yourself a good quality file as well, just for fine adjustment after cutting - as not all joins are exactly 45 or 90 deg!
if it one or two cuts fine, but if you have a shedload of mitres or cutting some of the heavy duty stuff the pain of carrying it is greatly outweighed by the ease of cutting and perfect mitres everytime!!! :thumbsup:

Reply to Metal trim ????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks