Search the forum,

Discuss Metal Capped Mosaic in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Regular wet saw blade is fine. Avoid slithers or the metal caps will come away from the ceramic and you'll need to glue 'em back on!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Also (depending on the finish on the mosaics) check your grout on an off cut - some scratch real easy, Mapei's fine grout was too scratchy but their super fine grout was okay.

O

Old Mod

Well if they're meshed backed, wet cutter wouldn't be advisable, it'll wreck the backing.
Last one I did I used a thin metal blade on a grinder.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've done 4 last year on mesh - they're fine. Another tip is the blade might burr the edge so after the cut just angle it into the blade to take it off

Reply to Metal Capped Mosaic in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen