Search the forum,

Discuss Marmox Showerstone Tray 4mm higher than WBP ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jimmycooker

Hi,

Just wondering how i should raise the plywood level so it is flush with the edge of the showertray?

Should i use 4mm ply and screw it down?

Should i glue the ply down, if so what glue should i use?

Should i use some kind of poured / self levelling compound?

Thanks,
James.

D

diamondtiling

Can you give any more details James, such as the make up of the floor, what is the thickness of your ply

J

jimmycooker

Sorry,

The floor is 18mm wbp ply.

The showerstone tray is 22mm (approximately).

The ply & tray are screwed onto the joists directly.

I need to make up the difference and raise the plywood floor by approx 4mm.

Once they are level I will tank with a decoupling / wetroom tanking membrane, kerdi or something similar..

Thanks,
James.

Reaction score
you should have set the former to the prepared height of your floor,

ie if you are going to over board the ply flooring with 6mm hardie backer then you need to raise the height of your former by 4mm

if you are using mosiacs on the tray then make allowance for any differance in thicknes to your field tiles, if you are envelopeing the field tiles into the tray then as above.

C

CJ CERAMICS

As spanish says it depends wether mosiacs or field tiles are being used. if field tiles i would the mapei slc also good product

Reply to Marmox Showerstone Tray 4mm higher than WBP ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen