Search the forum,

Discuss Marble with brown stains in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Terry Cottar

Aqua mix water based sealer says you need to wait 48hrs after grouting to apply sealer. So even using waterbased sealers you have to wait. :thumbsup:

true but it also says you can apply as soon as the surface is dry. i have applied gallons of the stuff to damp tiles and never had a problem as long as the surface of the tile is dry it works for me. however it does not become effective until the tile is total dry:thumbsup:

tel

C

Colour Republic

The product I had in mind when I asked the question was Lithofin Stain Stop (the water based version of course).

Thinking about it now, If you paint over plaster that has a few damp areas with a water based paint like a vinyl matt emulsion if reacts differently and is clearly visable where it doesn't soak into the plaster but rather sits on the top. You would think that it might just be slightly diluted in that area but becuase the area is already damp the product is not drawn in to the surface so it does not bond as well - I suppose the same could be said for a sealer

T

Terry Cottar

The product I had in mind when I asked the question was Lithofin Stain Stop (the water based version of course).

Thinking about it now, If you paint over plaster that has a few damp areas with a water based paint like a vinyl matt emulsion if reacts differently and is clearly visable where it doesn't soak into the plaster but rather sits on the top. You would think that it might just be slightly diluted in that area but becuase the area is already damp the product is not drawn in to the surface so it does not bond as well - I suppose the same could be said for a sealer

Well pointed out and have no idea about Lithofin as i hate the stuff I would agree in that instance but this aquamix sealer is breathable and allows vapour transmission so thats why its Ok once the surface is dry

tel

Reply to Marble with brown stains in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.