Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei glitter grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

channyfro

moz-screenshot.png
Hi guys

I've finally managed to get the bathroom floor done and have attached a picture, apologies its not a great pic, its taken on my phone but you get the gist.

It looks great but what a nightmare to use, the glitter went everywhere, and the putty stuff that you need to mix with the glitter is really sticky which you will see from the pic, absolute nightmare to get off, I have had to clean it about 4 times and it's still there. I have sourced some stuff from Mapei called Pulicol which gets it off without damaging the grout.

I definitely recommend it just be prepared to be cleaning for weeks :mad2:

Also, you need to be quick, it goes hard very quickly in the tub so you don't have much time to play with!

Happy glittering peeps!

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 241
D

david campbell

did you seal those tile sbefore grouting?
the only probs i've had was getting it off my float and clothes

C

channyfro

No I didn't seal, was going to as soon as I got this stuff off.

I know, the guy who did it now has fairy dust all over his tools :hurray:

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
the whole point in sealing is to stop stains etc getting into the tile surface......using glitter grout without sealing i dont think was a good idea

Reply to Mapei glitter grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen