Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei glitter grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

channyfro

moz-screenshot.png
Hi guys

I've finally managed to get the bathroom floor done and have attached a picture, apologies its not a great pic, its taken on my phone but you get the gist.

It looks great but what a nightmare to use, the glitter went everywhere, and the putty stuff that you need to mix with the glitter is really sticky which you will see from the pic, absolute nightmare to get off, I have had to clean it about 4 times and it's still there. I have sourced some stuff from Mapei called Pulicol which gets it off without damaging the grout.

I definitely recommend it just be prepared to be cleaning for weeks :mad2:

Also, you need to be quick, it goes hard very quickly in the tub so you don't have much time to play with!

Happy glittering peeps!

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 245

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
if you sealed after channy,then all your grout is going to get stuck in the tiny microscopic holes that polished porc has in the surface and dull the tile and if you seal on top of that effectively your just sealing that in.plenty cleaning products out there for this...personally iv never used one for this but im sure someone will come along and advise you whats the best course to take to sort it:thumbsup:

Reply to Mapei glitter grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.