Currently reading:
Mapei Adhesives and grout

Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei Adhesives and grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CLAYS TILES

I wonder if you guys could help me with my adhesive & grout coverage on my next job (Monday). I'm of thinking of using mapei products, I have about 10.5m2 of bathroom to cover, how many bags of addey and grout will I need. Would I be better off using Bal blue star? if so how many tubs?

Thanks in advance

TonyJ

i'd get 3 tubs of blue *, & 2 microflex grout (3kg bags)

D

Dave-T

if theyre 10 Lt, then 2 tubs will be more than enough. One big tub generally does around 6m... so 2 tubs will cover 12m.

For the grout, use this equation.

(Tile Height + Tile Breadth) * Tile Thickness * Joint Width * Specific Gravity

This will give you the number of KG per M2 of grout to use. You can get the specific gravity of the grout off the bal website.

L

len

dislike Mapei Ultracolour grout. Unlike Ultra and Bal grouts this stuff sets suddenly. Got to be very careful not to grout to large an area.

Choice of colours is great. Only wish that they did limestone, as I could then purchase the matching sealant to use with the Ultra limestone grout!

Despite carefully measuring and mixing Mapei grout, I have had chronic shade variation.

Would have liked to try out their finer unsanded grout, but my stockist cant see the need for it !!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Mapei Adhesives and grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei suggested using Primer G before tiling with keraflex maxi s1. They did not recommend using SBR for some...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few ways to fix tile to bathroom walls. First you need to prepare the walls for tiling. Note that...
Replies
Views
Let us know which brand of tiles adhesive you use. And the price per bag trade if possible. Let's see if there's is a disparity across the country.
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.