Discuss Manual cutter in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Hi all, I am in the market for a new cutter, I don't want it for one particular tile or size but would only say it would have to cut 600mm. Wet saw is sorted so I'm good there. I have read all the threads on here but from what I've seen it is impossible to get any answer. Is it really just personal choice like it seems or is there one make and or model that really is head and shoulders above the rest??

I

Ian

What I say is, have a go with 2 or 3 to see which suit you best. Rubi tx700 would be one, a Sigma that will take a 600mm tile and maybe a tomecanic. Do you have a budget in mind? What manual cutters have you used before?

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I don't really have a budget in mind, I am at the stage of upgrading pretty much every tool I have and it's hit the card already. In the past I have got by with some average tools and some good, but all good makes everything that much easier. I have a rubi ts400 and a genisis pro 600. I have had a play on a tx and found it ok. Whats your take on single rail or twin???

I

Ian

Tx700 is my everyday cutter, brilliant tool. If I had the choice of single or double rail, I'd choose double every time, just easier to see the cut marks.

M

mattle40

Got to put my hand up for sigma here, since converting from rubi myself a year ago iv converted a few tilers now, when you see one work on porcelain it's a no brainer
Sigma 3bm is my everyday cutter

M

mattle40

I haven't had a go with a sigma, how do you guy's find the single rail and seeing your mark? No problems or a bit harder??

I can't lie at first it's difficult but you soon find a knack for it, first day I had mine it was a revelation!
And any points against a sigma for not seeing the cutting line
It more than makes up for in breaking power, cleanness off cut and it's capable of very small slithers

M

mattle40

Yes I would definatly recomend having a go.
It's a shame there aren't more sigma users as I think most people just automatically go for rubis because that's what you see in all the shops etc, I think if more people tried before the buy(ed) then there would be a lot more sigmas around

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I see them on fleabay, but is there any of the shops stock them?? I can't ever recall seeing them to be honest so I guess your comment about rubi seems pretty justified.

M

mattle40

I use a push model with the max handle so I can only speak for that model but it's very natural, easy to modulate pressure, nice leveraged and with a quick flick the breaker pops down from the scoring handle so it's very quick when u get used to it
As for stockists I can't rly help pal but I'm sure if you give sigma a call they can point you in the right direction

P

prceramics

rubi tr700 is a good cutter unless you cutting loads of porcelain its a bit cheaper then the tx but the breaker is not as good .

Reply to Manual cutter in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks